EV – EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIESEV has recently been awarded several mandates for new funds, bringing funds under management to c. £85 million with the capacity to invest up to £2 million in SMEs located across the UK. As a result, three new positions have arisen within its existing EV Tech team; an Investment Director and an Investment Manager are now required to cover the North West and Yorkshire regions, as well as a Fund Administrator to be based in the Yorkshire region.
INVESTMENT DIRECTORCandidates for the Investment Director role will have previously worked for a technology VC house and will have an investment track record. They are likely to have a science-based first degree and MBA and/or ACA qualification as well as being FSA Threshold Competent. The role will largely be based at EV’s Manchester office.
INVESTMENT MANAGERCandidates for the Investment Manager role will have a science-based first degree and could have a background in technology transfer, corporate finance, technology analysis or previous spinout company experience. Experience in working on medical products/ innovations would be advantageous. This is an entry level role into technology VC investing and will be based in the Yorkshire region. In both cases, applicants must have the following key attributes:-
- Financially and technically competent
- Commercially aware with a sound level of judgment
- Sound project management skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
- Able to manage duties with some guidance and/or technical assistance from Fund Manager
- An effective networker able to positively promote EV and its fund under management and build a strong contact base with regional intermediaries and deal referrers
- A sound communicator, both written and verbally
- Able to build good relationships with investees, clients and contacts
- Energy, enthusiasm and a keen interest in the early stage technology space